Banff Couples Conference Committee Portfolio Description
Portfolio Name: Treasurer
Role: The Treasurer Portfolio oversees all matters pertaining to the financial responsibilities for the Banff Couples Conference.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Evaluate the insurance coverage and policy
- Receive bills pertaining to monthly expenses and the annual conference expenses
- Process payments for all monthly and annual bills
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements for a March 31 year end
- Prepare annual corporate tax returns.
- Finance supply’s insurance certificate directly to hotel
- One of the key benefits is that you can use your Accounting knowledge to benefit a volunteer based project or you can extend your knowledge to a new area of Accounting with a relatively easy set of financial statements.
- You have the privilege of working as a couple with other Committee couples that are dedicated to the continuance of the Banff Couples Conference.
- As a member of the Banff Couples Conference committee you have the chance of getting to know the facilitators on a more personal basis at the conference.