Banff Couples Conference Committee Portfolio Description
Portfolio Name: Registration
Role: The Registration couple oversees all matters pertaining to registration for the Banff Couples Conference (BCC). This couple works most directly with the Housing couple to coordinate conference registrations with hotel reservations.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Maintenance of the BCC contact database, including follow up of returned mail and email addresses
- Review of registration form for the brochure and website
- Monitoring the BCC webmail and responding to BCC emails or forwarding them to the appropriate portfolio couple.
- Creation and updating of a registration list for tracking tombstone data, any special needs/allergies, referral sources and first-time couples. Post the list on Google groups so it can be shared with Housing and Finance
- Timely processing of registrations as they come in which includes collecting registration cheques & forwarding them to Finance
- Sending registration confirmations
- Supply copies of master spreadsheet for the hotel weekend.
- Drawing the referral and early-bird winners ahead of time, to be awarded on the first night of the conference
- Printing names of all participants (except the committee) for the on-time draws
- Organization of a schedule for manning the registration desk at the hotel prior to conference start-up, set up of the desk at the conference itself and being available for late arrivals on Friday night (to supply the check-in package)
- At the end of the conference, collect all nametag holders and other stationary items for storage until the next conference.
- Creation of name tags for all registrants before the conference.
- It is important for the registration couple to check with the previous year’s couple for direction and guidance. You also receive direction from role documents that have been prepared by previous registrations couples
- Basic knowledge of Excel and mail merging is preferred. Attention to detail is a key attribute.
- The Registration couple acts as the primary link between the BCC and the participants and provides an opportunity to meet a lot of interesting couples