Banff Couples Conference Committee Portfolio Description
Portfolio Name: Communications
Role: The Communications Portfolio couple manages the BCC website, electronic communication and ensures that all members have access to Dropbox for document sharing.
- After the AGM, updates the users with BCC site access; removes outgoing committee members from Dropbox
- Sends Dropbox BCC site invitation and explanations to new members. Ensures registration and log-on process to Dropbox is completed by all members
- Set document naming conventions and number of versions within each portfolio that are managed on the site. Change or re-name documents according to standards.
- Clean-up document versions to ensure that documents on the site do not become too cluttered.
- Backs up the site documents at the end of every conference year and prepares CD of back-up for document archive (permanent storage)
- Arranges for conference call communications. Eg: conference phones and web cam at each location for monthly meetings
- Sending any bulk email announcements
- Coordinating and sending newsletters
- Maintaining database of past participants
- Working with the conference web master to ensure the BCC web page is updated properly
- Maintain accurate and consistent information on the BCC webpage
- Responding to or delegating email requests for information
- Defining and sourcing Audio Visual requirements
- Manage the AV component; liaison with AV provider, liaison with Current Facilitator portfolio to ensure that AV provider has been provided with facilitators AV specific needs
- On-site support for AV setup, etc.
- Liaison with Social Media
- Coordinate and send out newsletter
Comments: This is a large portfolio and requires continuity of knowledge from one conference year to the next; could be a two year commitment ensure knowledge transfer. Manages all committee documentation and BCC presence on the www; reviews all communication BCC presents the general public. A high level of computer skills and document management skills are desirable assets.